The Comrade Dossier was conceived and developed by Rachel Steinberg with the input of Carmen Aguirre, Brian Quirt and Rupal Shah. All material is (c) Rachel Steinberg & Nightswimming Theatre unless otherwise stated, and may not be reproduced, distributed or otherwise used without permission of the author.
Carmen Aguirre’s Blue Box was commissioned and developed by Nightswimming.
Its national tour has been produced by Nightswimming in association with Neworld Theatre.
Written and performed by Carmen Aguirre
Directed by Brian Quirt
Production Design by Itai Erdal
Sound Design and Composition by Joelysa Pankanea
Stage Managed by Robin Richardson
Producer, Rupal Shah
Associate Producer, Kirsty Munro
Blue Box received public workshop presentations through Alameda Theatre (Toronto), Buddies in Bad Times Theatre’s Hysteria Festival (Toronto), Alberta Theatre Projects’ PlayRites Festival (Calgary) and Neworld Theatre (Vancouver). Blue Box was written, in part, during a residency at the Banff Centre for the Arts Playwrights Colony,
Thank you to Marilo Nunez, Moynan King, Vicki Stroich and Marcus Youssef, Adrienne Wong and Kirsty Munro at Neworld Theatre.
- The Sandbox Series; Globe Theatre, Regina; February 27 – March 3, 2013
- Great Canadian Theatre Company, Ottawa; January 15 – February 3, 2013
- undercurrents Festival – GCTC, Ottawa; February 7-12, 2012
- The Cultch, Vancouver; May 1-12 2012; In association with Neworld Theatre
- Pan-American Routes Festival, Aluna Theatre, Toronto May 22-27, 2012 at Theatre Passe Muraille
- UNO Festival of Solo Performance, Intrepid Theatre, Victoria June 1-2 2012
- Magnetic North Theatre Festival, Calgary June 14-17 2012