- No drinking. No drugs.
- Must dress mainstream at all times. No hippie or hipsterwear.
- Never attend a movie, play, concert, art gallery or other event that is in any way alternative.
- Only associate with apolitical friends.
- Never attend a rally or protest.
- Live in a very mainstream, middle-class neighbourhood; don’t associate with the poor*
- No alternative symbols in your house.
- Lose contact with everyone.
- Never give your opinion.
*Note: some of these rules are specific to Carmen’s specific assignment during her time as a revolutionary.